GDPR Article 53
General conditions for the members of the supervisory authority
- Member States shall provide for each member of their supervisory authorities to be appointed by means of a transparent procedure by:
– their parliament;
– their government;
– their head of State; or
– an independent body entrusted with the appointment under Member State law.
- Each member shall have the qualifications, experience and skills, in particular in the area of the protection of personal data, required to perform its duties and exercise its powers.
- The duties of a member shall end in the event of the expiry of the term of office, resignation or compulsory retirement, in accordance with the law of the Member State concerned.
- A member shall be dismissed only in cases of serious misconduct or if the member no longer fulfils the conditions required for the performance of the duties.